Tuesday, February 16, 2010

style exercise

Today I did a style exercise I found on deviantART. The template is found here. I used my character Summer, but I intend to do this again with a few other characters. I found this a really good way to get to know your character just a little bit better than you did before you completed the exercise...

Green:
Summer in my usual style.
Purple: the style of my good friend Jackie. She's known as Lawliet-Cros
s-Rue on dA. She has this amazing knack for hair...which I most definitely did not capture well. And those are puffy sleeves if you couldn't tell! Haha.
Pink: shouju style. Relatively easy for me. I tried to accentuate her eyes and the sparkly background.
Orange:
Disney. Ugh. Disney is definitely not my favorite style...it was interesting to draw it though. The lips were the most difficult part for me. As was the face shape itself. I think her little nose is p
retty cute, though.
Blue: realism. HA! I surprised myself. I whipped this out in about 10 minutes. For the most part I believe it's mostly proportional and her hair came out decently well. If I had about 5 hours I might be able to make it look a lot more realistic. Like I said, I surprised myself.
Gold: Pokemon. This one is my favorite. I just want to squish her here!
Red: My good friend Phen's style. It didn't come out as epic as I thought it would. Haha. It's hard to proportion the eyes out like she does!!! I think if I would have kept both of the eyes similar to the small
er one it would have turned out better. Oh well. This is why we practice. All in all I had a good time with this and I do believe it's a good way to practice with your character!

That's all for tonight, kids! Goodnight!



3 comments:

  1. Maaan, the Disney one is terrific even if you don't like it. I think the nose is what correlates most for me. But your work in the Pokemon and realism style is amazing. So versatile again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pokemon one is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. howwww aweshum!
    Pokemon style looks a lot like.. Pokemon! and even more adorable!♥
    I usually find it extremely hard to draw in someone else's style. but I see you did great o_o;
    well this is a nice Artblog!, Ive got no account here xD but at least it let's me post comments hahaha~

    ReplyDelete